Cooking With Cilantro: 5 Uses For Leftover Cilantro
Fresh Cilantro Cooking with cilantro is really simple. It makes a great addition to many meals. However, if one likes to save money, they buy in bulk. As a result you may end up with extra cilantro. Often we don't...
Cooking with cilantro is really simple. It makes a great addition to many meals. However, if one likes to save money, they buy in bulk. As a result you may end up with extra cilantro. Often we don't want to make the same recipe in too short of a span of time. Also, sometimes we don't have quite enough left over to make a large meal.
Rather than throw out the cilantro or let it go to waste, here are some innovative uses for that leftover herb:
- Salad- Adding that leftover handful of cilantro to a fresh tossed salad adds some great flavor to an otherwise average salad.
- Lunch Side Dish- A slice of fancy bread is something a lot of meals include. Spread cream cheese on the bread and sprinkle with cilantro to make it more interesting.
- Potato Salad - Add some cilantro to potato salad to give it a kick. If you're unsure, separate a small portion and test cilantro on it. That way if you don't like it, you still have some normal potato salad.
- Scrambled Eggs/Omelets - Along with cheese, onions, and other veggies, adding some cilantro can give your breakfast some flavor.
- Pesto or Salsa - Cilantro is a staple for many salsa and pesto recipes. This simple salsa recipe has cilantro as a main ingredient. Salsa can be used on tacos, as a dip, with scrambled eggs, etc. Keep in mind these recipes often call for 1/2 cup to 1 cup of cilantro, so this better if you have a lot of it leftover!
There are many other recipes that have cilantro as an ingredient. Here are just some simple ways to use that leftover cilantro before it goes bad. There can be a use for even the smallest amount of the herb!
Please contact us for more tips and tricks for the kitchen.