How to Bake King Crab Legs
King Crab Legs King crab legs are healthy, delicious and easier to prepare than you might think. Once you learn how to bake king crab legs, you can enjoy this decadent culinary delight in minutes without having to visit your...
King crab legs are healthy, delicious and easier to prepare than you might think. Once you learn how to bake king crab legs, you can enjoy this decadent culinary delight in minutes without having to visit your favorite seafood restaurant. For a satisfying meal, pair King crab legs with a green salad and warm Cheddar biscuits or a baked potato.
King crab legs are cooked shortly after the crabs are caught to preserve freshness, and often sold frozen. The first step is to thaw the crab legs overnight in the refrigerator.
Baking is a quick and easy way to reheat the already-cooked crab legs. All you need is a baking dish large enough to accommodate the crab legs and aluminum foil.
Here's how to bake King crab legs:
- Preheat oven to degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius).
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Pour ½ cup boiling water into the baking dish (The steam will prevent the crab legs from drying out.)
- Place the crab legs on the baking dish.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over crab legs and place lemon wedges in bottom of dish around crab legs.
- Sprinkle crab legs with Old Bay Seasoning (optional).
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges and drawn butter for dipping. Butter can be gently melted over low heat in a small saucepan on the stovetop, or in a microwave oven. If using a microwave, heat for only ten seconds at a time until butter is melted.
Contact us to learn more about preparing delicious dishes that are sure to please!