Looking for a Change from the Standard? Thanksgiving Leftovers Ideas
Preparing Thanksgiving dinner usually means enough leftovers for several additional meals. It is practically the law turkey sandwiches and turkey soup is on the leftover menu, but is that the only option for Thanksgiving Leftovers Ideas? Let’s take a...
Preparing Thanksgiving dinner usually means enough leftovers for several additional meals. It is practically the law turkey sandwiches and turkey soup is on the leftover menu, but is that the only option for Thanksgiving Leftovers Ideas? Let’s take a look at a few other Thanksgiving Leftovers Ideas. All of the following recipes are guidelines that you can use to create your own dish of Thanksgiving leftovers.
Pizza Thanksgiving Leftovers Ideas
How about a Thanksgiving pizza made from leftovers? Pizza is made out of just about any available ingredient so why not use turkey and vegetables? The following is a versatile recipe that you can easily adjust to whatever leftovers you may have.
- leftover turkey meat, seafood or any other meat
- sauce or feta cheese
- pizza dough (Try this recipe, or store bought. You could also use naan for a flatbread pizza!)
- shredded cheese
- Using your favorite pizza dough as a base, add shredded turkey and vegetables.
- If dinner included seafood, sausage or other meat choices beside turkey slice and dice that, including sliced olives, as well.
- Consider using feta cheese instead of sauce.
- No pizza is complete without adding a handful of shredded cheese over the entire pizza.
- Cook your pizza on a pizza stone at 400° for about 20 minutes.
- Let the pizza cool for a few minutes and serve with a garden salad.
Another Thanksgiving leftover idea is leftover cobbler. It is easy to make and is an ideal dish for a cool winter night.
- all purpose flour
- turkey or other meat
- pie crust
- Begin with a base of melted butter, all purpose flour and milk.
- Heat in a saucepan until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Next, stir in shredded turkey or meat of choice and vegetables of choice, adding more of what you like and less of what you don’t.
- When the mixture is thoroughly heated, spoon or pour it into a greased baking dish.
- Add a pie crust over the dish and make sure there are steam holes in it.
- Bake at 450° for about 45 minutes or until the crust is brown and the cobbler is bubbly.
Thanksgiving Macaroni and Cheese
Want a new spin on an old classic? How does macaroni and cheese utilizing the thanksgiving leftovers sound?
- macaroni and cheese ( It can be your own personal recipe or something right out of the box.)
- shredded turkey or other meat
- (optional) garden salad
- (optional) garlic bread
- Prepare your favorite macaroni and cheese recipe according to the directions.
- While it is still warm, mix in shredded turkey or shredded or diced meat of choice and chopped vegetables.
- Top with a generous helping of crushed crackers and your favorite cheese.
- Bake the dish at 425° for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let the macaroni and cheese cool for a few minutes before serving and serve with a fresh garden salad and garlic bread.
Thanksgiving Hand Pie
Hand pies are as fun to make as they are to eat!
- turkey or other meat
- mashed potato
- (optional) mashed squash
- vegetables such as green beans or carrots or corn or peas
- cream cheese
- egg(s) for the egg wash
- Finely chop the turkey or meat of choice.
- Mix with mashed potato, squash (if mashed), sliced whole vegetables, warmed gravy and cream cheese.
- Using 6” pie crusts, place 2 or 3 tablespoons of mixture on half the pie crust.
- Fold the dough over and crimp the edges to seal the crust closed.
- Place the miniature pies on a greased baking sheet.
- Give each pie an egg wash with a brush.
- Bake the pies at 400° for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve with gravy.
Enjoy these delicious ideas for dishes with Thankgiving leftovers. We hope you have found a new recipe you can try to reuse that yummy Thanksgiving turkey meat, because it would be a waste to throw that away!
For more information about what to do with leftovers, contact us.